Dr Sweeney pioneered the use of Lasers and other minimally invasive treatments for
varicose veins. He has performed more than 1000 venous surgical treatments per year including EVLT
and foam sclerotherapy. Dr Sweeney also performs more than 1000 venous duplex scans per year.
What is especially impressive is Dr Sweeney’s dual qualifications in both General and Vascular Surgery. He has worked in both District General, Teaching and Private hospitals as a consultant vascular surgeon for more than 17 years.
His own practice focused mostly on vascular issues for patients where he performed over 3000 outpatient appointments every year. He was also part of the consultant vascular rota for South-East London and Kent for 10 years.
• 2002: FRCS (Gen Surg)
• 1996: FRCS
• 1992: MB BCh BaO
• Fellow of The Royal Society of Medicine
• University Hospital Lewisham, London SE13 6LH (2002-2014)
• Guy’s and St. Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust(2003-2012)
• South London Healthcare NHS Trust(2003-2014)
• BMI Sloane Hospital Beckenham Kent BR3 (2003 – present)
• BMI Chelsfield Park Orpington Kent BR5 (2003 – present)
• BMI Blackheath Hospital London SE3 9UD (2003 – present)
• Beneneden Healthcare Kent TN174AX (2012 – present)