Our Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) team diagnoses and treats a variety of conditions including hearing loss, tinnitus, vertigo, rhinitis, tonsillitis and even throat cancer.
Ear, nose and throat problems are more common than you think, affecting children and adults alike. Whilst seeing your GP, can help to diagnose and treat most minor ENT issues, when it comes to more complex issues, greater ENT knowledge and expertise is required. It’s not uncommon to push ear, nose and throat issues to the side; thinking they’ll go in time, or that nothing can be done. There’s no need to suffer.
LycaHealth offers a one-stop shop for all disorders affecting the ears, nose and throat with comprehensive assessments and accomplished consultants who specialise in this area.
Lyca Health is an ENT specialist clinic in London, we diagnose and treat a full range of issues affecting the ear nose and throat. Some of the common issues we diagnose and treat include:
- Hearing loss
- Cancer (throat, head and neck)
- Various ENT related infections
- Voice disorders
As well as many other ENT-related problems.
If you are concerned about an issue with your ear, nose or throat book an appointment with one of our consultants who specialise within this area.
For some of the more common ear related issues we treat at our ENT clinic, we’ve gone into a little more detail within this section.
- Persistent hearing loss – From time to time, it isn’t uncommon to experience temporary hearing loss due to loud music, an ear infection or a build up of earwax. However, if you have hearing loss for more than two weeks, it could be a sign of more permanent damage and indicate that there is an underlying ear related issue which you should get checked out.
- Ringing in your ears – If you’re experiencing a constant ringing sensation in your ears, it could be a sign of tinnitus; which can be an early symptom of hearing loss. If this is the case, you should get it checked out by an ENT doctor as soon as possible.
- Earache, ear discharge, hearing loss or balance problems – We can diagnose the cause, and our ear specialists will recommend a treatment plan to help with these issues.
Do you suffer from nasal congestion on a daily basis? Finding it difficult to breathe because you constantly feel clogged up? If this is the case, it isn’t a normal occurrence and you don’t have to put up with it. You should book an appointment with one of our specialist ENT consultants to get to the underlying issue. Are you suffering from any of the following nasal issues?
- Sinus problems – pain in your face, nose, ear or upper teeth region
- Nose bleeds
- Breathing issues
- A deviated septum
- Reduced sense of smell
If you’re affected with any of the above, and it’s interfering with your everyday life, you don’t have to suffer any longer. Get in touch today to arrange to come and see us at Lyca Health.
Some of the more common throat related issues we treat at our private ENT clinic in London we’ve gone into a little more detail below.
- Snoring – did you know snoring can actually be caused by problems in your throat? This can also affect your ability to speak, sing, swallow or eat.
- Throat injury
- Tonsil infection
- Voice / Swallowing problems
- GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)
If you’re struggling to swallow food or drink, or have had a sore throat for longer than a week, it’s important to get checked by a throat doctor at our ENT clinic. You don’t want to leave the problem untreated, and potentially risk it getting even worse.
Our opening hours for private ENT appointments are as follows:
Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 20:00
We know how difficult it is to find time for appointments in your day, so at LycaHealth you can expect quick access to ENT consultants at times and locations to suit you.
How To Get Here
Directions to our Canary Wharf private clinic can be found here.
Directions to our Orpington private clinic can be found here.
How Are We Different To Other ENT Specialists In London?
- We use world class ENT clinicians
- We use only superior diagnostic equipment
- Only the highest level of personal care is provided to patients
- If you need further treatment outside of the ENT scope, we can generally provide this in-house
- Convenient appointments, at a time and location to suit you
Accredited by all major private medical insurance companies.
You can also self-pay for treatment if you choose.
- Should I see GP before booking in with an ENT clinic? This is completely up to you if you would prefer to book in with a private GP beforehand you can, and they can refer you our ENT clinicians if required. However, if you know your condition is strongly ENT related, we recommend booking an appointment direct, so that we can address the issues you’re facing as soon as possible.
- What is a common cause of nasal obstructions? You could have a deviated nasal septum, where crooked cartilage within the nose blocks the airways.
- What causes sinusitis? Sinusitis could be caused by an infection, or it may be due to a nasal obstruction which causes you difficulty with breathing. Our experienced ENT clinicians will use superior diagnostic equipment to find out the reason for you.
- Can an ENT specialist treat my snoring? Yes! We’ll determine the cause of your snoring, and from their recommend a treatment to treat it.