This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join Lyca Health as The General Manager of Orpington Medical Centre. As the accountable person for the Orpington Medical Centre it will be your responsibility is to ensure patient safety is maintained to the highest quality of care standards at all times and that the clinic is compliant with all relevant external and internal governance requirements.
The General Manager will be responsible for the management of the minor ops theatre as well as the jag accredited endoscopy unit and imaging department.
Role Responsibilities include:
· Complying with all relevant legislation, policies and procedures to ensure the effective and safe operation of the organisation and the welfare and interests of patients, employees, Consultants and other stakeholders
· Provide a timely, efficient, and courteous provision of Outpatient services to the agreed standards of the department, taking account of the patient/clients clinical and cultural needs.
· To take responsibility for the design, development, delivery, continual improvement, and operational efficiency of the Endoscopy service, Day surgery unit, Radiology service and One stop breast service.
· Maintain strong and effective relationships and dialogue with all practicing consultants who deliver patient services at the Lyca Health.
· The General Manager is responsible for providing strategic direction and leadership for Orpington Medical Centre, its management team and for being a role model, mentor and coach to the teams. With full responsibility for the Commercial development (including expansion of services) and profitability.
· Lead the day to day and strategic operations across Orpington Medical Centre; The General Manager is responsible for ensuring safe care is always delivered whilst balancing the clinical, quality and the commercial needs of the business appropriately.
· At least 3 years healthcare operational experience with a proven ability of managing budgets up to £10m, with active examples to show how they have created significant commercial value in a healthcare business
· Evidence of growing a business/improving EBITDAR, through strong focus on customer service, and able to work in an environment with multiple customer stakeholders.
· Experience of working with in a regulated role
· Experience in developing and maintaining robust clinical governance and risk management processes
· Educated to Degree level
· Proven senior management experience in an independent acute sector hospital
· The role requires that the successful candidate becomes CQC Registered Manager, and it is desirable that the candidates have previous experience in this capacity. Candidates who do not have this experience will need to demonstrate that they have a good understanding of the needs of the Registered Manager role, and will need to show relevant experience and skills.
If you would like an informal chat about this role please call our Recruitment Manager who will be happy to discuss. Juliet, 01622 538114
To apply for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
At Lyca Health we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive working environment. We strive to create a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
To request information on any of our other services, please call or complete the enquiry form below: