Fertility Fitness Clinic LondonFertility Fitness Clinic
About 80-90% of couples that are trying for a baby will conceive within 1 year, however for others, it may take longer, or they made need some extra help to conceive. It can be disheartening when you’re trying to have a baby, but things just don’t seem to be working out. Whilst it’s not always easy, with the right support and guidance in place, you can maximise your chances.
Why not take your first steps at our Fertility Fitness clinic?
At LycaHealth, we can assess your ‘fertility fitness’ with our fertility consultant, Dr Irfana Koita, at our state of the art diagnostic clinic in the heart of London’s business hub – Canary Wharf. Your first steps to parenthood begin here, find out more about our service below.
When Is The Best Time To Get Pregnant?
According to research, you have the best chance of getting pregnant if you have sex around the time you are ovulating. Ovulation occurs when the egg is released from the ovaries and occurs 14 days after the first day of your last period (if your cycle is around 28 days). Once the egg has been released, there is a 12-24 hour period where it must be fertilised by a sperm in order for you to become pregnant.
Factors Affecting Your Ability To Conceive
- Age: The optimum age to conceive is in your 20s, as this is when you have your highest number of good quality eggs and are at a lower risk of complications occurring. Fertility declines around the age of 32, and after you turn 35 this decline speeds up drastically. If you’re in your 40s, whilst you can still have a healthy pregnancy and baby, the risks do increase significantly.
- Weight: Being of a healthy weight is really important if you’re planning to have a baby. The ideal BMI for getting pregnant is between 18.5 and 24.9. A BMI outside of this ‘healthy range’ can put you at a greater risk of complications occurring during your pregnancy.
- Eating & Exercise: Both before and during pregnancy, you should eat a healthy, balanced diet and also undertake regular exercise. This helps to ensure your body is functioning healthily for you and your baby.
- Smoking: If you are a smoker, it can have a negative effect on both men and women’s fertility, taking you much longer to conceive. It can also make it increasingly difficult for women in their 30s and 40s to conceive.
What Is A Fertility Scan?
In order to maximise your chances of conceiving, we will carry out a fertility scan via ultrasound to assess a variety of factors that may be affecting fertility. As part of this fertility scan, we may monitor follicle development in the ovaries, look at the endometrial lining, and uterus.
Fertility Fitness Service London
If you want to find out your fertility status, ways to boost your chances of conceiving or simply want to freeze your eggs, we are here to support you. Find out more about the service we provide at our private fertility clinic in London:
- Initial consultation for one hour with Dr Irfana Koita of IVF Matters
Then, you’ll come back to the clinic during the first 5 days of your cycle to have:
- Fertility scan
- Hormonal tests (looking at FSH, E2, AMH)
- Followed up by a telephone follow up consultation
If you’re ready to start your journey towards becoming a parent, arrange your consultation at our private fertility clinic today.
Fertility Clinic Success Rates
The fertility success rates for Dr Irfana Koita in 2017 & 2018 for all ages, are provided below.
Why Choose LycaHealth – Private Fertility Clinic London?
- Assess your fertility fitness and maximise your chances of conceiving in the near future,
- Reduce your risk of miscarriage,
- Freeze your eggs, sperm or embryos for when you’re ready to become a parent,
- Start your family with extra support and guidance on hand throughout the process,
- Gain access to world-class clinicians,
- We always uphold the highest levels of patient care.
Fertility Fitness Clinic
The cost of this entire package is just £689, why not book your appointment today?
Fertility Clinic London Opening Hours
Our fertility clinic opening hours are: 12pm to 8pm, Every Thursday
Speak to our expert about your fertility concerns, so that she can advise you on next step forward.
How To Get Here
Directions to our Canary Wharf private fertility clinic can be found here.